ADVENT INTERNATIONAL HAS BEEN INVESTING IN THE HEALTHCARE SECTOR FOR 31 YEARS AND HAS COMPLETED 50 INVESTMENTS IN 17 COUNTRIES WORLDWIDE.
In assessing investment opportunities, we concentrate on three main themes: (1) companies that offer a clear value proposition for payers and providers while maintaining high quality standards; (2) businesses with the potential to drive operational improvements and/or buy-and-build strategies; and (3) companies with proven science and technology. We believe this focused strategy helps us to identify unique opportunities where future growth is underpinned by differentiated capabilities and strong market fundamentals, creating multiple pathways for expansion.
Following are some examples of subsectors we target:
HEALTHCARE SERVICES & IT
- Rising healthcare costs are creating an opportunity to drive growth through cost-containment services for payers and providers.
- Technology-enabled service businesses have strong growth potential given their ability to improve productivity and outcomes through innovative, cost-effective solutions.
- Specialty care providers offer a more efficient and lower-cost alternative to facility-based care.
- View investments
PHARMACEUTICALS, LIFE SCIENCES & MEDICAL DEVICES
- Innovations in pharmaceutical treatments and medical device technology are creating opportunities for growth.
- Investments in niche specialty areas can serve as platforms for future acquisitions and expansion.
- View investments
We are interested in companies that deliver value for both payers and providers by improving management and processes, shifting the site of care to more cost-efficient locations or offering better facilities, technology and service.
A pharmacy benefits optimization platform that delivers cost savings, clinical solutions, and customer service to small and mid-sized self-funded employer groups
RA Chem Pharma Limited
A vertically integrated API player, also engaged in manufacturing of pellets, B2B formulations and clinical studies
Bharat Serums and Vaccines
A biopharmaceutical leader in women's healthcare, assisted reproductive treatment, critical care and emergency medicine in India and emerging markets