ADVENT INTERNATIONAL HAS BEEN INVESTING IN THE HEALTHCARE SECTOR FOR 28 YEARS AND HAS COMPLETED OVER 40 INVESTMENTS IN 14 COUNTRIES WORLDWIDE.
In assessing investment opportunities, we concentrate on three main themes: (1) companies that offer a clear value proposition for payers and providers while maintaining high quality standards; (2) businesses with the potential to drive operational improvements and/or buy-and-build strategies; and (3) companies with proven science and technology. We believe this focused strategy helps us to identify unique opportunities where future growth is underpinned by differentiated capabilities and strong market fundamentals, creating multiple pathways for expansion.
Following are some examples of subsectors we target:
HEALTHCARE SERVICES & IT
- Rising healthcare costs are creating an opportunity to drive growth through cost-containment services for payers and providers.
- Technology-enabled service businesses have strong growth potential given their ability to improve productivity and outcomes through innovative, cost-effective solutions.
- Specialty care providers offer a more efficient and lower-cost alternative to facility-based care.
- View investments
PHARMACEUTICALS, LIFE SCIENCES & MEDICAL DEVICES
- Innovations in pharmaceutical treatments and medical device technology are creating opportunities for growth.
- Investments in niche specialty areas can serve as platforms for future acquisitions and expansion.
- View investments
We are interested in companies that deliver value for both payers and providers by improving management and processes, shifting the site of care to more cost-efficient locations or offering better facilities, technology and service.
A leading European generics pharmaceutical company, offering generic medicines across all key therapeutic areas
Deutsche Fachpflege Gruppe, ("DFG")
Germany's largest outpatient intensive care provider
Grupo Farmaceutico Somar
Leading pharmaceutical company focused on the development, manufacture and marketing of high-quality generic and branded generic products in Mexico